BlackBerry 10 users rejoice! Facebook has received another update today and this time has some great features in tow. The Facebook app on BB10 wasn't the greatest at launch, but with the last few updates it's starting to get much better.
This time around we get quicker newsfeed scrolling, a refreshed UI and best of all - Facebook Chat. The new features bring things up to speed and are a very welcome addition.
New features include:
- Facebook Chat – Stay up-to-date with your friends using Facebook Chat! See which of your friends are online, start a chat message, send photos in chat messages, and see when your messages are delivered and read. You can also see when a friend is typing a message, search within your chat list to find friends and groups, as well as edit your list of favorite chat friends.
- Facebook Messages - Message details now show when a message is sent.
- Quicker Scrolling in Newsfeed - While in newsfeed, click on the sidebar to scroll to the top of the newsfeed.
- Enhanced Photo Experience – Facebook 10.2.1 provides a new easier way of setting your Profile and Cover Photos. Set your Facebook profile photo or cover photo right from the Camera app, or from within a Facebook photo album.
- Enhanced Page Admin Functions – Page Admin has a new look and feel. As Page Admin, you can post updates, see the number of people talking about a page, view the number of likes a page has as well as see how many people checked in at a venue page.
- A Refreshed Look and Feel to your Pages – Facebook 10.2.1 offers an updated look and feel to your Pages to make navigation and communicating with your social network even easier. You’ll now be able to see how many of your friends have liked a page and how many people in total have liked a page.
The update is rolling out now and should be available within the next 24 hours.