Facebook for BlackBerry updated to version 184.108.40.206 in BlackBerry Beta Zone
While RIM just recently released the official build of Facebook version 3.0 with BBM integration, they are already hard at work with an updated version in BlackBerry Beta Zone. Facebook version 220.127.116.11 is now available to Beta Zone members. In this new version, one of the fixes is to an issue some were experiencing with comments taking an extended amount of time to load. This build also features many other improvements and bug fixes, all of which can be found below.
Updates in v18.104.22.168
- Status Cleared notification doesn't make sense
- Update help URLs for Facebook 3.1
- Got a state that could not exit Facebook setup wizard if Facebook opened from other access points
- No photo on post
- Facebook does not update while on Wi-Fi. Mobile Wi-Fi does work however.
- App takes very long time to refresh comments.
- Clicking “resend" on a status update doesn't seem to work
- Focus is lost after scrolling thru a very long post.
- Likes count incorrect in Likes list if launched from stagnant comment screen
- Doesn't work on Wi-Fi only connection
- Send icon is missing in command screen
- User is not able to scroll to Facebook title bar to open navigation screen on the new chat conversation screen if cursoris not at the beginning of text box
- Comments for Notes are limited to 1000 characters while on the web the limit is 8000
- Event Created By lists incorrect name
- BBM Text for check in is not localization friendly and might cause issues in other languages
- Focus order on comment page
- Focus jumps to the top of the notifications list after marking an unopened notification as opened
If you’re not a member of BlackBerry Beta Zone you can sign up for free at BlackBerry.com/Beta, once you’re a member you will have access to the Facebook beta, along with others as RIM sees fit. If you notice any other improvements that aren’t listed above toss them in the comments below, you never know what could be hidden in this build.
Check out more in the BlackBerry Beta Zone