If you're looking to try out a new Facebook on your BlackBerry OS device, you can log into the BlackBerry Beta Zone right now and grab the latest update. After you download the beta, you'll be on v126.96.36.199 and it includes quite a few changes, especially to the news feed views, user profile and more. You can jump below to see the full changelog or head on over to the BlackBerry Beta Zone and grab the download.
Newsfeed Filtering: Filter your news feed using a quick access filtering button found in the Navigation List.
- Show all: Select this option to remove all filters and display all News Feed posts retrieved from Facebook sorted by most recent.
- Status Updates: Select this filter to only display News Feed posts containing status updates. - A post that appears with this filter applied can include links and tagged users but NOT photo uploads.
- Photos: Select this filter to only display News Feed posts containing photo uploads. - A post that appears with this filter applied will NOT contain status updates or links.
- Links: Select this filter to only display News Feed posts containing marked hyperlinks. - A post that appears with this filter applied can include status updates as well as links but NOT photo uploads.
New look and feel for your User Profile:
- Ability to view Cover Photo (*setting Cover Photo not part of this release)
- Larger Profile image
- New more actions button (*only available when viewing another user's profile)
- User can set profile image from BlackBerry menu key when their picture is selected from their photo album
- Profile names for up to 2 tagged people will be displayed
- For three or more tagged people, the number of people will be displayed
Assuming this one passes all the beta testing, I'm sure it will see a public release soon enough. If you're hesitant about loading a beta, you can pass on this one and wait for the public release.