Fingers crossed you saw our hands-on video with Evolution Browser for BlackBerry 10. The application that removes adverts from websites you visit was already jam packed with great features, including all the ones you get in the native browser, but a new update has delivered a ton of new good stuff. In addition, Evolution Browser has now been awarded 'Built for BlackBerry' status - which we all like to see.
I've already got a couple of new favorite features that have now been added. First up is that the Active Frame will display the website name you have open in the browser (as you can see from photo above). And the 'Night Mode' is a beauty - not only as it looks good, but it will also save you some battery juice.
The developer has also hinted that there will be some great new features coming when 10.2 lands. Sounds pretty sweet doesn't it? If you don't already have Evolution Browser hit up the link below and enjoy.
New in this update:
- Text zoom fix for most desktop sites
- SPEED Improvements, even faster than before!
- New tabs design (Quick tip: hold the 3 dots in bottom right corner for quick access to tabs)
- Privacy Mode (disables cookies and history)
- Change default search engine
- New UI Settings menu
- Change default font size
- Address bar themes
- Show website name in active frame (option)
- Fix for delay when clicking a link
- Night mode (darkens pages)
- Search bookmarks
- Misc Bug fixes