Dropbox for BlackBerry updated to v1.0.37
on 13 Dec 2010 02:12 pm
Over the weekend, Dropbox managed to squeeze out a new update for its BlackBerry users. v1.0.37 is now available for download via the Dropbox website and looking at the change log should address a lot of users issues with connections and permissions that were seen in previous builds. Oddly enough though, the change log actually looks unchanged from the last release so we're guessing they just fixed the underlying bugs within those changes.
- saving non-ascii texts results in garbled text
- handling of edge cases when running out of space on sd card and in device memory
- open-edit-upload usecase wasn't working for devices with encryption enabled
- share link freezes for some users
- open-edit-upload usecase fails for files with non-ascii filenames
- "would you like to allow logging" dialog shouldn't appear on first launch
- on rotatable devices, in image gallery, the displayed/cached image is smaller than screen size (shouldn't happen)
- app should ask for permissions in advance on first launch
- app should support multiple third-party app associations for a given file type (e.g multiple pdf viewers)
- music/video stops when screen fades out
- user gets a "not enough room to write file" message when trying to open a file that's already open in docs2go
If you're having issues with your current build of Dropbox, the latest forums build download is suggested so be sure to grab it as soon as possilbe.
Click Here To Download Dropbox For BlackBerry