Looking for an app to discover food places, or specific shops wherever you are? Why not give WhereIs...? a try - a great app when you're on the road or in unfamiliar places. Having used it for a while, even in my own home town. I have discovered a few food places I never knew existed. So, the app looked promising from the get go.
The app is pretty straightforward to use. It's just a case of running your query and the results will be presented to you. The types of venues you can search for are Food, Party, Fun and Shops. With each of the those categories you can add a sub category to be more specific. For example, if you just wanted to find a bakery or burger place, or antique shops or clothing stores. You can even select the radius you want to search within. You can then have the results given to you on a map or in a plain list view.
WhereIs...? utilizes Foursquare data to find the locations for you. However, no FourSquare account is needed to use the app.
- Completely native programmed BlackBerry 10 app
- No FourSquare account required and complete anonymous search
- Preparation of FourSquare data to the well known filters food, party, fun and shops in neatly arranged lists
- Graphical display of list-elements on the interactive BlackBerry 10 map including navigational Support
- Search-mask with exact categories and radius-limiter
- FourSquare user tips, pictures and info to locations nicely readable prepared and easily accessible over the map or the app-menu
- List-sorting of locations in relation to current position
- Implementation of locations as targets to BlackBerry 10 maps and navigation
WhereIs...? has proven itself to be quite a useful app, certainly one I shall be using every so often to find new places to visit. Definitely an app I recommend - especially if you travel a lot. It reminds me a lot of the Poynt app from back in the day. WhereIs...? is available for all BlackBerry 10 devices and will cost you $0.99.