Hello again readers! Dear Berry is here once again with a mailbag full of BlackBerry questions and woes. Today's question comes from a reader who says:
The other day I cleared the history and cookies under settings of the browser on my BlackBerry Z10. Ever since, the browser stopped working. It's frozen, unresponsive and I'm unable to navigate the page or click on links. Even trying to open a new tab doesn't work. Please help.
I am so sorry you are having this issue. I too experienced this problem and it is quite frustrating to find the browser crippled in this fashion. However, in the forums one of our members posted a solution which should have you up and running in no time. These instructions restored my browser without having to perform a wipe and reinstall the operating system.
- Turn off Wi-Fi
- Swipe down from the top bezel and tap on Settings > Network Connections > Mobile network
- Turn off Data Services
- Open your BlackBerry browser, tap on the overflow menu (three dots), and go to Settings > Privacy and Security > and select Clear History / Clear Cookies and Other Data
- Go back to Settings > Display and Actions and scroll down and tap on Reset Search Engines
- Exit out of browser (Swipe up and tap the X)
- Turn data services back on and the browser should be fully operational again
Now while there are several methods discussed, this one resolved the problem on my BlackBerry 10 device. A special thanks to Daniel71317 for posting the instructions in the thread. For me, I have since gone into my browser settings and checked the option to remove history items after one day rather than clear it myself and the problem has not returned.
See you next time!
Have a question about BlackBerry etiquette? Need advice on how to cope with your BlackBerry addiction? Dear Berry has you covered and there's no question too big or problem too small. Submit any of your BlackBerry woes by email to [email protected] or on Twitter @DearBerryCB.