So I'm a kid who loves the BlackBerry phones. I just got to upgrade to a new phone on AT&T and I was thinking of getting the BlackBerry Bold but I found out that it was so expensive. But I wanted it so bad so I tried to get the money for it but my parents said no to it because they weren't going to get it for me. I then had to upgrade right away to a BlackBerry Curve 8310 which is really good but then I went to the store the other day and saw the Bold on display and I fell in love with it. I wanted the phone so bad but the only thing stopping me was that price. The price was so high and I couldn't ask my parents for the money so I was thinking of saving money up for the phone so I could get it without the plan and just not tell them. I then thought that through and thought it was kind of bad. So I thought of trying to do a contest but I had no chance of winning. I would do anything that anyone would tell me to do just to get the phone. It looks so nice and I really want to get one but I can't figure out how. Please help if you can.
- Needs Money for a New Bold!
Dear "Needs Money for a New Bold!",
I completely understand your frustration and you sound like you love and are addicted to BBs already. It is true that the BOLD is an incredible device but it also is true that the Curve is great. Most importantly, you have to be able to afford the device.
I have a couple of suggestions:
- How about doing jobs around the house and for neighbors and saving up?
- I don't know your age but is it reasonable for you to get a part time job and save for the device that way (I'm assuming you're in school)?
- How about asking your parents for the device for the holidays or even for them to pay for part of it for the holidays? Or if you get multiple gifts from several family members maybe they all could put in dollars so you could buy the device that way?
It's great that you're so involved with the BlackBerry and that you have a Curve. I hope one of these ideas works for you but if not just take your time and save up for the next device or for a BOLD as the price drops in time. Trust me, you will always love the new and improved BlackBerry as time goes on. So if for some reason it doesn't work out this time however, I hope it does, it will down the line at some point.
Thanks for writing in and let us know at Crackberry what happens.
- Berry[ Editor's Note: Though a little luck is involved, be sure to participate daily in the Smartphone Round Robin. Leave a comment to an RR post or on an RR thread every day and you'll earn more chances to win that BlackBerry Bold! ]
Need some Advice to Help Balance Your BlackBerry and Life? Contact Dear Berry!