Hello again readers! Dear Berry is here once again with a mailbag full of BlackBerry questions and woes. This week's question comes from a reader who asks:
I would like to add some of my contacts to the ignore list on BlackBerry Messenger but when I go into options I cannot seem to locate it? Can you please help?
Thank you for seding in this question. In order for the ignore list to be viewable on your device you first need to add a contact/PIN number to the ignore list by blocking them. Just follow the steps listed below and you should have no problem locating the feature.
How to block or add a BlackBerry Messenger contact to the ignored list
- Launch BBM
- Scroll to and locate the contact you wish to ignore
- Press the menu button and select Delete Contact
- If you want to add a person to the ignore list simply mark the check box that says Ignore future invitations? and then choose Delete
- Press any key to clear the popup notification advising that you can modify in Options
How to remove a contact/PIN from the ignored list
- In BBM, press the menu button and select options
- Now that there is a PIN being blocked the Ignored Contacts option is visible. Select Edit.
- A popup with all of your ignored Pin #'s will appear. Place a check mark in each of the boxes next to the Pin(s) you wish to unblock
- Click OK to remove
- If that is the only PIN in the list, the feature will become invisible again
Have a question about BlackBerry etiquette? Need advice on how to cope with your BlackBerry addiction? Dear Berry has you covered and there's no question too big or problem too small. Submit any of your BlackBerry woes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @DearBerryCB.
See you next week!