Dear Berry: Can I swap between multiple email drafts on the BlackBerry PlayBook?
Hello again readers! Dear Berry is here once again with a mailbag full of BlackBerry questions and woes. This week's question comes from one reader who asks:
If I'm responding to various emails, either for work or personal, how do I switch between those drafts and can I compose more than one message at a time?
Thank you so much for sending this in. As a multitasking powerhouse the BlackBerry PlayBook allows users the ability to create multiple messages at the same time. It offers tabbed email that lets you go up and back between the drafts and your inbox if you need to reference a prior message or open another application to pull information from.
Just follow these simple steps and you'll be scrolling through all your drafts in no time.
- Open up the messages application.
- Tap the new message icon in the bottom left or swipe down from the bezel and tap on Compose Email.
- Type your message and swipe down from the bezel again. This time you will see your current draft labeled as 1 if you haven't given your email a subject. Otherwise each draft will be named after it.
- Tap on the Compose Email choice again and now you have created draft # 2.
- Repeat the above steps for each of your drafts. The maximum number you can store is 10.
- To go between the drafts, swipe down from the top bezel and scroll to the left or right and tap on the draft number/name you want to continue working on.
- If you want to go back to the original email when you swipe down from the top bezel tap on Messages to return to your inbox.
- If you tap the X in the upper left hand corner of the email, your draft will be saved if you exit the application.
This is a convenient way to quickly browse through your emails and drafts without worrying about saving or sending any of them first.
Looking for more quick tips for the BlackBerry PlayBook? Be sure to hit up our BlackBerry Help
page, BlackBerry PlayBook forums
, or the newbie tips and tricks forums thread
for all your BlackBerry PlayBook
Have a question about BlackBerry etiquette? Need advice on how to cope with your BlackBerry addiction? Dear Berry has you covered and there's no question too big or problem too small. Submit any of your BlackBerry woes by email to email@example.com or on Twitter @DearBerryCB.
See you next week!