Hello again faithful CrackBerry readers! Dear Berry is here once again with a mailbag full of BlackBerry questions and woes. This week's question actually comes from two CB readers, who both ask:
What are some of the best photo editing apps available on App World for BlackBerry smartphones and the PlayBook?
For a list of some of the Crack Teams favorite photo editing apps on the market, continue reading after the break!
Dear Cemil and Tremayne (and the rest of you out there),
While I can't tell you any of the apps or websites listed below are the absolute best photo editing available, they are at least ones that we here at CB have tried out. I've provided the links to each app's review so you can read the comments from other users. Hopefully this will make parting with some of your hard earned coins a little bit easier.
- pixlr.com - a free online photo editing website available for pics on your BlackBerry PlayBook. See Adam's post here for more online photo editing websites.
- InstaPhoto - InstaPhoto for BlackBerry® is the best Instagram like photo experience on a BlackBerry®. It allows you to choose from a library of 25 preset photo effects, including tilt shift, custom borders, color effects, grunge textures and decorative frames just like Instagram. It's a simple and easy way to create amazing photo effects to share with all your friends via Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr! InstaPhoto is available for $2.99 in App World. Read all CB's reviews of InstaPhoto here.
- LensBoost - Available for $1.99 in App World, LensBoost lets you add awesome vintage/retro filters, frames, and overlays to your photos! Applying filters only takes a few seconds and there's no need to crop your photo! See a couple of the Crack Team's reviews here.
- Uber Iris - Available for $2.99 in App World, Uber Iris lets you add gorgeous and funky effects to your photos, all within an easy to use interface. You can pick from a wide range of filters, effects and other adjustments, apply them to your pictures and watch them transform into uber cool works of art. You can also display them on your Facebook, Twitter and Flickr pages! Read Zach's review of Uber Iris here.
- Photo Editor Extreme - Available for $0.99 in App World, if you loved using instagram on other platforms, you'll simply be blown over with Photo Editor. Now power packed with dozens of filters and features. Its your photoshop for mobile phones! Available for the PlayBook as well with free updates for life. Check out DJ's quick review here.
- Photo Studio Pro - By far one of the most used by us here on the Crack Team, Photo Studio Pro is available in App World for $3.99 (FREE version available as well) and is packed full of awesome features. Photo Studio for BlackBerry® is utilized by both amateur and professional photographers who seek simple, but powerful image processing on-the-go. Users can turn their BlackBerry smartphone or PlayBook into a fantastic photo editing studio. Head on over and read Jared and Michelle's take on Photo Studio Pro here.
While I'm sure there are more photo editing apps or websites out there, these are a few to help you get started on selecting the best for you. Feel free to drop comments below if you are using one of the apps listed or if you've found some even better ones!
Have a question about BlackBerry etiquette? Need advice on how to cope with your BlackBerry addiction? Dear Berry has you covered and there's no question too big or problem too small. Submit any of your BlackBerry woes by email to email@example.com or on Twitter @DearBerryCB.
See you next week!