Hello again readers! Dear Berry is here once again with a mailbag full of BlackBerry questions and woes. Today's question comes from Harshad who asks:
One more thing I wanted to know is how to access the contents of my Z10 device and SD card through my PC on wifi without the use of any third party app?
It is very simple to connect your device via WiFi using BlackBerry Link. You can view the files or even sync them to your PC. All that is required is that your devices are connected to the same WiFi network as your computer.
- Make sure you are running the latest version of BlackBerry Link
- If you have not already done so, sign into your BlackBerry ID at the upper corner of the program
- To make sure it is configured properly before you use WiFi for the first time, connect your device to your PC via the USB Data Cable
- On the main screen make sure the check mark is next to Turn On Wireless Connections to my Computer
- Disconnect your device from the computer
- On your BlackBerry 10 device, swipe down and go into Settings > BlackBerry Link. Toggle the switch to the on position. It should detect your computer and the desktop or computer name will appear at the bottom.
- After a few moments you should see your device appear in Link on the left hand side.
- Click on your device in the left menu panel.
- Underneath Home, (under your device name) you can click on Music, Pictures, Videos, and Documents. As you click each one it will show up to the right in Link and you can browse through each category on your device or SD Card by using WiFi.
Indeed, there are other ways of copying files to and from your device with WiFi. BlackBerry Link offers a more convenient way of accessing these files as the capability is already baked into the BlackBerry 10 operating system.
Let us know if you have any other suggestions in the comments below.
See you next time!
Have a question about BlackBerry etiquette? Need advice on how to cope with your BlackBerry addiction? Dear Berry has you covered and there's no question too big or problem too small. Submit any of your BlackBerry woes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @DearBerryCB.