*Update - Dec 2, 2008 - THE BOOK IS NOW AVAILABLE!!! *
CALLING ALL ADDICTED, RECOVERING & REHABILITATED BLACKBERRY USERS!
A few weeks back I casually dropped word of a collaboration between BlackBerry Made Simple and CrackBerry.com... this is the more "official" announcement. We're hard at work writing a book - CRACKBERRY: True Tales of BlackBerry Use and Abuse! Be sure to check out the promo video above for an entertaining overview. The book will feature real life tales of BlackBerry use gone awry as well as tools and strategies to help assess your addiction and help get it under control.
We've been working on the book for months now and it's almost ready to be unveiled to the BlackBerry using public, but to really make it shine and to ensure it's a reflects the CrackBerry community we are putting out a Call for Stories from the BlackBerry Addicted population. This is your chance to have your tales make the final cut! If you feel like sharing, send an email to email@example.com and tell us about one (or more) of the following:
- a story about a time when you just wouldn’t leave your BlackBerry behind – even though you knew you should
- a story of how you pamper your BlackBerry
- about an argument you had with your significant other because you would not go somewhere without your BlackBerry
- when was the most inappropriate time that you used your BlackBerry
- a story that shows that you are, in fact, a BlackBerry addict
- if you have ever been without your BlackBerry because it was lost or broken and how you reacted
- a story that confirms you are a slave to your BlackBerry
- if you hurt someone you loved because you used your BlackBerry at the wrong moment
- how you made amends to someone because over your bad BlackBerry
- your personal rules for BlackBerry use
- your biggest Multi Tasking nightmare (while using your BlackBerry)
- how you ultimately overcame your BlackBerry Addiction
If your story makes the final draft, you will receive a free copy of the CRACKBERRY: True Tales of BlackBerry Use and Abuse! when it hits the store shelves and we'll be holding a draw for some great prizes from all those who submit stories.
For Details, Submission Requirements and Prize Info, visit crackberry.com/book