Corky Notes for BlackBerry 10 has been around since July 2013 and it's just had quite a major overall bringing it to version 3.0.1. We've posted recently about a few other note taking apps but this one still remains a firm favorite of mine since I first reviewed it.
Quite simply - Corky Notes is a post-it style note taking app but one with a twist. It's free too which always goes down well - although there is a pro edition for a few more features.
With a double tap on the screen you can create a note and you get a choice of colors to choose from (the default is changeable) as well as a date when the task is due by. Sharing is included - just drag the note to the bottom left and your BlackBerry Hub will open with all your sharing options - perfect.
As you'll see below the list is quite extensive so another fine job by a dedicated BlackBerry 10 developer.
Corky Notes v 3.0.1 Release Notes "Simplification and performance"
- Toggle app performance: trade appearance for performance
- Export notes in any tab
- Import notes to any tab
- Note deletion indicator pop-up can be turned off
- Manual restoration of past purchase of additional feature
- Select calendar Corky Notes integrates to
- Select time with the date the note is due
- Set due date for individual notes and mix them up with regular notes instead of making the entire app “due date mode”
- Select which tabs the Active Frame can choose notes from to display
- Toggle Active Frame to off and display static image to save battery life
- Huge performance boost
- Creating new note is simplified
- Tab switched notification (can be turned off in settings)
- Splash Screen
- Setting due date on a note creates a due date badge with time sensitive colors (Green - not due, Blue - due today, Red - past due)
- Due date badge also displays number of days left/remaining until the due date
- The tab name and icon are shown to display which the note belongs in
- Due date badge also shows up in Active Frame for notes with due dates set
- General - Notes lost due to complete battery drain of the device eliminated
- Due Date - Editing a calendar entry that doesn’t exist in the native Calendar application creates a new calendar entrt
- Battery drain bug eliminated
- When there’s no note to display, it now displays “no notes” instead of a blank note