Pootermobile is back again with a slick new BlackBerry theme called Rubus. As always Poots had his thinking cap on when he designed this theme, and he added some innovative features that aren't found elsewhere. For example, he kept Universal Search on the home screen, which many other theme developers have removed. What really sets Rubus apart from the others is the addition of widgets, which allow you to add or remove the calendar, weather slot, and icons on the home screen. The ability to customize a theme to your liking right on your device is really cool!
Other features include:
- Customizable icons on home screen - (5 for keyboard devices, 8 for touchscreen devices, 4 for the BlackBerry Style)
- Weather widget 1st position in the applications screen - (weather application of your choice required but not included)
- Widgets Options Page - click the options icon on the bottom left banner
- Universal search on home screen - (only for devices running BlackBerry 6)
- Wallpaper friendly
- No carrier
- Transitions throughout
- Trackpad on the home screen for the Torch has been disabled because of a conflict in the Widgets page.
Compatible devices include BlackBerry: 8900 (Curve), 8910 (Curve), 8930 (Curve), 8980 (Curve), 9000 (Bold), 9500 (Storm), 9530/9530T (Storm), 9550/9520 (Storm2), 9630 (Tour), 9650 (Bold), 9670 (Style), 9700 (Bold), 9780 (Bold), 9800 (Torch)
If you'd like to try your luck at winning a FREE copy of Rubus and you have one of the devices listed above, go ahead and drop your comment below to enter the contest! We have 50 copies to give away, so hurry and enter! (One entry per person, contest ends Sunday at Midnight PST.)