As a BlackBerry user one of my many worries is prying eyes having access to my mobile checkbook or viewing my private emails and conversations. There's nothing like a nosy nelly getting ahold of information that only I should be privy to. That's why for security I like to use lockdown utility applications to control which native or third party apps are accessible when I'm not around. If you're looking to try out a new lock app then check out XAppLock by Berryset. The developers behind XWeatherPro have now released their own app to prevent unauthorized snooping on your device.
While it doesn't have all the bells and whistles like its brethren, XAppLock gets the job done. It allows you to lock the applications (native and third party) you want to keep private with a secure password. In addition, it lets you determine the length of time between sessions, or when it prompts you to enter in your password again for that app. What I like the most is the search feature. Rather than scroll through a list to lock the one you want simply type in all or part of the name and lock immediately.
There is a tendency for lock apps to show the screen for a split second before the password prompt appears. This app is no different yet I noticed the password box does a good job of popping up pretty quickly. XAppLock is a simple, easy to use application that takes up a measly 35 KB on your device.
- Lock/Unlock all System as well as 3rd party apps including Twitter and BlackBerry® Messenger!
- Lock full Messages including SMS and MMS folder
- Protect your BlackBerry® Messenger from unauthorized access
- Option to protect full Messages app
- Options like Auto Lock on Phone Lock
- Option to Ask Password Every Time for maximum security
- Option to Ask Password in Session time
- Option to Automatically Lock your device
- Extremely fast and save power
XAppLock is compatible with BlackBerry devices running OS4.5 and higher, is available for $2.99 in BlackBerry App World, and comes with a free trial.
Contest: We have 20 copies to give away, courtesy of Berryset! To enter simply leave a comment on this post. Contest ends Sunday at midnight PST. One entry per person please. Good luck!