We have heard bits and pieces about the upcoming BlackBerry Shield, but nothing very solid as of yet. Today BBNews.pl dropped a few images as well as some features to be included. The service will be free for BIS users and is said to be entering the testing phase "soon". Features look to include:
- Remote Device Wipe - Users will be able to remove all data from the device and memory card remotely
- Display 'Lost & Found' - Information to display on screen should the device be lost or stolen
- Remote Password - Ability to remotely set a password for the device
- Device Tracking - Remotely track your device via GPS
- Remote Backup - Backup/restore of the device data
Both the web interface (above) and mobile interface (after the jump) look very user friendly. Certainly there will be a few more features thrown into the mix, but this is definitely a good start. Still no official word on when this will pop up in either beta or public form, but from the looks of things it shouldn't be too much longer (in RIM time anyway). More pics after the break.