Crackberry users are all about the time savings. The handy little PDA can save us all a lot of time. Yet, there are lots of little hints that can save even more time. So in order to save you from perusing the manuals to find all these little gems we present our top Crackberry shortcuts.
1. Perhaps the best time saving key is the easy uppercase function. Press and hold any letter in order to capitalize.
2. In a related short cut, if you are need of an accent grave or an umlaut press both the Symbol key and the letter you need modified and then turn the side wheel until the appropriate letter character shows up. Great for those German or French CrackBerry addicts. Pressing the symbol key alone will bring up a number of useful symbols and currency signs.
3. If you find you get lot of e-mail or a lot of spam you can avoid deleting each e-mail separately and can delete all of them with one click. Click on the ‘date’ field above that day’s mails and then choose Delete Prior from the menu.
4. To navigate around the Calendar press D for Day, W for Week, M for Month, and A for Agenda. You will need to set the Enable Quick Entry field to No under Calendar Options first for this to work.
5. When using the web browser function you can access your favourite sites by hitting the K key to open up you bookmarks. If you want to add a site to your bookmarks just hit the A key.
6. To find a contact in your address book type the contact's name or initials, separated by a space.
7. When typing an e-mail address hit the Space key to enter an @ symbol. Press the Space bar again to insert a period in the address.
8. To move down a page while reading a message just press the Space key. To move back up a page press Shift plus the Space key.
9. To dial a phone number with letters such as 1-888-GOT MILK press the Alt key and typing each letter with the keyboard.
10. To activate the back light, press (but don't hold) the Power button. Double press for brighter light.
CrackBerry is in no way Affiliated with BlackBerry. We take pride in our unbiased content, however do occasionally receive free products from vendors that we review or discuss. For more info click here.