UPDATE: Here's the image we were waiting for. I love how the first paragraph is about the bloggers who love to speculate. Cheers to that Verizon! Not much new in the announcement, but GREAT to see things get "official." Word has it there are more images and even a video that were circulated within Verizon, so hopefully we will soon be seeing some more BlackBerry Storm eyecandy. And while at this moment the verizonwireless.com/storm site is not up and running, it does look like that will in fact be the place to go to sign up for web updates. Stay tuned for more. **
Original Post: OK...so many a CrackBerry Addict didn't go to sleep last night in anticipation of hearing BIG NEWS today from Verizon Wireless per the internal email that went around the company telling people that they'll want to tune into Monday's Minute with Mike.
From the sounds of it, internal people at VZW got to view a BUNCH of PHOTOS and even a Video of the new BlackBerry Storm (not the one by the Brew Ninja), but at this point today's Storm announcement appears to have been more of an internal thing than external. The following was just posted in the forums by Rjsumthin (much thanks for posting!!), a Verizon insider that hangs out in the CrackBerry forums, with the details coming out of today's Minute with Mike:
The Official Minute with Mike Details
- Just a brief introduction, nothing to do with a website.
- The name is the Storm - "Designed to take the world by storm" global marketing name since it's available to work in 195 destinations or more.
- One of the highest resolution screens on the market today.... no details....
- Revolutionary Touch Screen
- High Speed HTML
- 3.2 MP camera with lots of multimedia capabiliteies....
- Visual Voicemail
- And everything else blackberry is known for....
- Lots of images and videos for us internal people... it looks AMAZING!!!!! Sorry I can't post the video for ya, you would be drooling!
You can check out the forum post here. So at this point it's a whole lot of nothing new, other than the "Designed to take the world by Storm" tag line Verizon has attached to the device. HOPEFULLY some BlackBerry-addicted Verizon folk will leak some of these pictures and the video to the net so the rest of us can get a better look. I'll leave an image off this blog post in the meantime in hopes that one appears soon and update this post as more info comes in.
There's no sign of a site up yet at http://verizonwireless.com/storm either, but hopefully one will appear soon. I'm pretty sure I've hit refresh on that page 10,000 times already.
[ Image via Engadget Mobile ]