RIM's gaming Port-A-Thon's have been quite a regular occurrence lately and things aren't slowing down prior to the New Year. We reported just last week about another virtual one in Australia and today RIM have announced another onsite 'Got Game Port-A-Thon', this time in Hong Kong. The event will take place on December 22nd on Tsing Island and as usual it will give developers the opportunity to get on the spot help from BlackBerry experts to port games over to BlackBerry 10 from other platforms.
As usual there are some incentives for developers which you can find below in the full press release. If this new event is as successful as the past ones then we are sure to see yet another huge bunch of games ported over to the forthcoming operating system.
Keep them coming RIM. You're doing a grand job so far.
Game applications are always one of the most attractive paid apps for smartphone customers. With the BlackBerry 10 being launched on January 30, 2012, Research In Motion (RIM) will hold the BlackBerry Got Game Port-a-thon to encourage developers to port and build game apps on the BlackBerry 10 platform, and explore the business opportunities on the BlackBerry 10 as well as benefit millions of BlackBerry customers.
BlackBerry Got Game Port-a-thon Live in Hong Kong will be activated on December 22. On-site BlackBerry technical experts will help developers port and build their games quickly and easily. Developers who successfully port a game app on-site will receive the top prize. And developers who submit their apps within seven days of the event can receive up to US$2,000*.
Details and prizes of the BlackBerry Got Game Port-a-thon Live in Hong Kong are as follows:
Date: December 22, 2012 (Saturday)
Time: 9:30am to 6:30pm
Location: Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (IVE) - Tsing Yi Campus
The more you port and build, the more you get*
Developers will be rewarded for porting and building either onsite or after BlackBerry Got Game Port-a-thon live events:
Get onsite rewards when you port and build on BlackBerry 10:
- Successfully port a game app onsite, and receive a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
(limited to one per vendor ID).
- Top Arcade, Puzzle and Action games ported onsite receive one BlackBerry DevAlpha device each.
- Get rewards with submission of App World approved game apps:
- Get a game app approved on App World, and receive USD$100 for every eligible app for up to 20 apps.
- Be the first ten from your city to get at least 5 and up to 10 game apps approved on App World, and receive a BlackBerry 10 Developer Alpha device.
- Be the first from your city to get 10 game apps approved on App World, and get a paid trip to BlackBerry Jam Europe on top of the rewards above!
- Get featured on BlackBerry App World:
- All successfully ported and approved games will get one week of App World Marketing across APAC, Middle East and Africa, where applicable.
- All vendors who submit more than 5 games will get an exclusive marketing offer where games willbe showcased under a partner branded or co-branded banner on App World for one week across APAC, Middle East and Africa, where applicable.
*All apps need to be submitted within 7 days of the event, and only registered vendor ID onsite will be considered. Refer to Eligibility Terms on the website for more information.
More information and registration details.