The BlackBerry Music Gateway is one of the hottest new accessories for not only your BlackBerry, but any Bluetooth mobile device you own. It's small, versatile and easy to use, and really is handy. By pairing the BBMG to your mobile device and plugging the auxiliary end into your non-wireless audio equipment (think home or car stereo), you can now wirelessly stream music. Confused? Check out Ashley's video above for a great explanation and overview.
Since we began selling the BlackBerry Music Gateway in our ShopCrackBerry store, we've been having trouble keeping them in stock. The good news is we have a big order of the BlackBerry Music Gateways arriving soon. And in anticipation of that we thought we'd have some fun here with those who already own and love their BBMG.
We've heard from a lot of BlackBerry Music Gateway owners about how they love it, but this a chance to show us, and get rewarded for those efforts. If you currently have a BlackBerry Music Gateway, we want to see how you use it in real life. All you need to do is send us a short video of you putting your BlackBerry Music Gateway to use. Tell us why you love it. Show us what you have it hooked up to. In exchange, we're going to make you CrackBerry famous and hook you up with an awesome Mobile Nations gift pack.
Keep reading for all the information you need to know, then record those videos!!
Show Us How You Use Your BlackBerry Music Gateway
The Mission: Create a 1 - 3 minute video showing us how you use your BlackBerry Music Gateway in your life. At home, work, car, cottage, parties, etc. Get creative, make it compelling. We want to see real people putting it to use in real life. Once your video is made, send us the Dropbox link so we can download / view the video file. The BlackBerry Music Gateway works with non-BlackBerry devices too, so if you're using it with a iOS or Android or other device too, that's fine. Show us how YOU use it!
STEP 1: Make Your Video
We know it seems daunting, but we promise we're making it simple to enter. Make something funny, something epic, something cool. But keep this stuff in mind when you make your video:
- Videos shouldn't really go past 2-3 minutes.
- We don't expect videos to have Hollywood type production quality, but in the year 2012 we do want the quality of the video/audio itself to be pretty decent. The video should be recorded in HD (borrow a camera if you have to) and the sound quality should be easy to listen to. We don't want to see crappy video/sound quality distract from what otherwise would be a great video.
- If you know how to use video editing software, a little basic editing goes a long way. Feel free to do that. If you're just doing a straight up single take, that's cool too, but try and keep it clean and on point.
- Keep in mind we may want to put the video you submit up on Youtube so we can post it on the site. Submitting a video is consent for us to post it.
- Videos can come from anywhere in the world, and be in any language! Just let us know when you send us an email all the details...
- All videos must be originally produced for this event.
STEP 2: Submit Your Video
Get your videos in as fast as you can. We're not putting a hard deadline on this as everybody who sends in a good video is getting a gift pack, but we'd love to see some videos submitted asap. By Halloween would be great!
- To submit your video, please first upload your finished video to your public DropBox folder (get a DropBox account for free here if you don't have one) and create the public url for it (right click on the file and select "copy public link").
- Next, send an email to email@example.com. Please use the email subject "BlackBerry Music Gateway Video" and in the message provide the link to your video file on DropBox, your name, contact information, and some brief background information on your video submission you want us to know. For example: where it was filmed, who was involved, etc.
- We will email you back within 24 hours to confirm we received your entry and video all good. If for some reason you do not hear back from us within that timeframe, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 3: Get a Mobile Nations Gift Pack
This isn't a contest where you might win a prize. EVERYBODY who sends in a quality video that meets the requirements above is going to receive a Mobile Nations gift pack as a token of our appreciation. What's in the gift pack? Well, we're going to keep that a surprise on this post... but let's just say I don't think we ever disappoint when it comes to our giveaways on CrackBerry.
But if you own a BlackBerry Music Gateway, want to participate in this event and want to know more... you can shoot us an email at email@example.com and we'll fill you in on any other details. As for whom the contest is open to -- EVERYONE!