With the 4G LTE BlackBerry PlayBook already having been announced, the time has come for the the device to be released. Starting today Bell, TELUS and Rogers have begun offering the 4G LTE version which gets spec upgrade from that of the Wi-Fi only version.
- 1.5 GHz dual core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n
- USB: Micro USB port
- HDMI: Micro HDMI port
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
- LTE (700, 1700 MHz), HSPA+ (2100, 1900, 1700, 800, 900 MHz)
- 7" LCD display, 1024x600 screen resolution
- 32GB Storage Capacity
- 5 MP with 1080p HD and 3x digital zoom / 3 MP front facing camera with 1080p HD and 3x digital zoom
All carriers signed on for release have the device available via their website with prices all starting at $550 outright. TELUS decided to not offer any contract pricing while Bell and Rogers offer a reduction of pricing to $350, should you go with a new three-year contract. Rogers is also offering the device on one and two-year contracts, with one-year costing $500 and two-year set at $450. Picking one up? Sound off in the comments.