For the past little while I have been testing out applications which allow you to manage your device and SD Card a little bit better in an effort to try and keep things a little more organized for myself. I have also been testing out alot of applications that allow me to create zip files on my device to allow for easier emailing of files that are often times larger then what BIS services allow me to transfer through email.
Enter BBFileScout, an amazing file explorer and zipping application that has just about everything I was looking for. I can view files, rename files, move files, hide files, zip filles and heck, even associate files to a specific application ie: .doc to Documents To Go. It also includes a c nicely integrated text viewer.
Here is a quick rundown of the BBFileScout features list:
- BBFileScout allows you to browse the file system of your BB (including hidden files)
- Furthermore BBFileScout supports copying and deleting of complete directory structures
- You can open all (by your Blackberry supported) media files
Register additional file types with other (3'rd party) applications (like pdf's)
- BBFileScout allows you to open files (like ini, xml, etc.) as plain text, so you are able to edit, mark, copy & paste text fragments of these files that normally can't be opened with your Blackberry. This can become very valuable when you receive eMail attachments that are not native supported by your Blackberry
- With BBFileScout you can delete pre installed wallpapers, videos and ringtones in order to free memory on your device
- Send any file as eMail attachment to your BB contact
This really is a great and useful application that really should be core to the BlackBerry OS instead of the lame file explorer that is built in. And best of all the application is donationware, meaning you can download it for free and then just donate what you feel as though the application is worth to you, if you wish. Keep in mind when donating, donations go towards further development of this great app so be generous with your donations if you find it useful. OS 4.3+ for this one folks and all devices supported.