Cisco WebEx Meeting Center Now Available For BlackBerry Devices
on 23 Apr 2010 04:34 pm
A lot of people use WebEx in their job. The only bad part about that is that often times, it means having to be at your desk or at least near a computer in order to access it. Well, now BlackBerry users can have their WebEx meetings while on the go. The newly released WebEx Meeting Center has been released from Cisco and is now available via BlackBerry App World. Given the functions of WebEx lets have a look at what the mobile version offers:
- View presentations and applications.
- Start or join meetings quickly and easily.
- See who attends and enable others to present.
- Enjoy integrated audio.
- Start group and private chats.
Not sure if this could be used as an alternative for sitting in a golf cart, when you're supposed to be attending a business meeting but it's nice to at least have the option. Supported devices include Bold 9700, Bold 9000, Storm series, Curve 8900 and Tour 9630. Since there has been a lot of questions surrounding the app, we've posted the facts and highlights from the press release after the jump.
- Users can now directly download the Cisco WebEx Meeting Center application for BlackBerry smartphones from webex.com or on BlackBerry App World(TM) at www.blackberry.com/appworld. Or, when a user clicks on the WebEx meeting URL from email or a calendar invitation on the supported models of BlackBerry smartphones, they will be prompted to download the application at that time.
- When the user clicks on the meeting URL to join a Cisco WebEx online meeting from their BlackBerry smartphone, the WebEx audio conferencing system will call them back to join the meeting. When the user answers the audio call, the data portion of the meeting is automatically launched on their smartphones. The application also supports other audio configurations.
- Cisco now makes it easy and intuitive for BlackBerry smartphone users to join and participate in Cisco WebEx online meetings. The Cisco WebEx Meeting Center application now allows meeting participants to use elements such as the menu option to access the features and shortcuts for fast navigation while they are on the go.
- The application gives meeting hosts the flexibility to start a scheduled meeting that has previously been scheduled on a computer and to pass presenter control on to another attendee participating from a computer.
- The in-meeting experience on BlackBerry smartphones allows participants to view shared presentations, applications, and desktops with live annotations. In addition, BlackBerry smartphone users can see the attendee list, find out who's talking at a particular time, and chat privately with one or all of the attendees.
- The online meetings are delivered via the Cisco WebEx Collaboration Cloud, a real-time, global network that is fast, reliable and highly secure, giving users the performance necessary for high-quality mobile business meetings.