Although the Chive On app is still fairly new, the developer behind it all has pushed a new build into BlackBerry World and it's now available for for download. This release sees the version number get bumped up to 188.8.131.52 and addresses a lot of concerns folks had with the app based on feedback. The change log is short, so we'll just get right to it.
- Updated to the Native 10.2 SDK (min OS 10.2 now required).
- FIXED: Missing placeholder and other issues for animated GIFs in the gallery.
- FIXED: Crash when tapping the twitter button on the about page.
- NEW Setting: Added option to disable the BlackBerry Spark.
- NEW: Full image view with pinch/zoom now supports animated GIF’s.
- NEW: Can now share animated GIF’s. (not all share targets will support GIF’s)
- NEW: Can now save animated GIFs to storage.
- Improved cache management.
- Performance improvements.
- About page tweaks.
Overall a nice update to an already great app. If you've not downloaded Chive On yet, now is a good a time as any. Chive On is available for free with ads or you can pony up the $1 to go completely ad free and support a BlackBerry 10 developer creating great apps.