Just in time for holiday shipping, Canada Post has released their brand new BlackBerry 10 app into BlackBerry World and it's now available for download. While the UI is pretty simple looking, it manages to get the job done and is packed with all the features you'd expect for what they offer by way of services.
- Track a Package: Check the delivery status of your items. Simply tap in your tracking number or use our scanner to scan the barcode from a delivery slip / delivery notice card or your retail receipt! You can choose to name your item (e.g. My books)—making it easier to monitor multiple deliveries—and keep a history of all your tracked items in a self-managed list.
- Find a Rate: Find out what it costs to send anything anywhere in the world!
- Find a Postal Code: Look up a postal code to make sure your cards and packages are addressed correctly, even for rural and PO Box addresses. Save postal codes to your address book for easy retrieval.
- Find a Post Office: Locate a Post Office near you, or anywhere in Canada.
- Picture Postage™ Stamps: Create personalized stamps for your letters and invitations. Get started by taking a picture or access any photos that you have stored on your camera roll!
- Picture Postage™ Postcards and Greeting Cards: Turn your photos into printed postcards—with delivery anywhere in the world for just $2.45 for a postcard or $2.95 for a greeting card! Take a photo or select one from your camera roll, choose the recipient(s) from your contacts list and write your personal message. We'll print, stamp and mail the postcard to each person on your list!
One thing not included in the app however is ePost. A bit of a bummer for those who use the service but maybe that will be added in a future update, plus they've included a contact us section so if you really want to see it added you can send them note saying so. The app shows support for all BlackBerry 10 devices and is available in Canada and the U.S.