The title tells the story. Take a stroll through the CrackBerry Forums and you'll see we've been testing out a new forum dedicated to companies that develop BlackBerry Applications and/or provide BlackBerry Services. Our trial period has gone extremely well, so now it's time to open it up to the greater BlackBerrying World! Details after the Jump!
CrackBerry.com BlackBerry Software & Services Company Forums
Here's the scoop. If your company develops BlackBerry Software applications or provides BlackBerry Services, we want you to be part of our CrackBerry Community Forums. We'll set you up with a dedicated subforum for your company and make you "moderator" of your own forum.
What can you do with your forum? Communicate directly with our CrackBerry.com members and communicate your message directly to the greater BlackBerry-using world!
Released a new software app? Announce it in the forums! Need beta testers? Recruit them in our forums! Been wanting to provide tech support for your products/services via a forum but don't want to go through the hassle of setting it up and maintaining it on your own site? Use our forums! Our member community is comprised of thousands of active BlackBerry users and the forums also have a huge audience of passive users who browse through on a regular basis.
As moderator of your own dedicated forum, you will be able to keep your forum organized and current - create sticky threads, edit your own posts/threads, create forum announcements, etc.
Criteria and Sign-Up:
- You must be an established BlackBerry software developer or services provider (BB repair, hosted-exchange provider, etc.)
- have existing or ready-for-launch products, a corporate website, be reachable (I should be able to talk to you (or someone from your company) on the phone or BBM should the need ever arise!)
- If you are not already a CrackBerry.com member, register as a new user at CrackBerry.com with the username you would like associated with your moderator account/company forum
- Send an email to kevin at crackberry.com. Please make the subject "BlackBerry Company Forums"
- include your username, the company name you would like your forum to appear under, and include a BRIEF forum description of your company
- check out the BlackBerry Software Companies forum for an example of how companies are using their forums
- be sure to give me a little background on your company, and provide your contact information
- I'll send you an email back with some more details. Assuming things are good to go, from there we will get you set-up so you can use your forum! The process could take a few days to a week to complete.
- Cost? NONE. This is a free service to you as we feel it is a benefit to our members and to the BlackBerry Community as a whole.
- If you want to take advantage of this offer, you must ensure you use it! A designated person in your company should visit the site regularly to make sure questions, etc. get responded to.