BuddyGuard Pro out of beta with new features - 50 free copies up for grabs!
Thanks to some dedicated developers, we BlackBerry users have a few options to give us secure peace of mind when it comes to our data and devices. Applications such as FindMyPhone will help you locate your misplaced device, or SmrtGuard will give you a whole host of options for tracking and security. Back in December, we covered a new service on the scene, which was in beta testing at the time. A few months and a lot of coding later, we have the updated BuddyGuard Pro v188.8.131.52, which really stacks up nicely against a service like SmrtGuard. It's available for a one time fee of $3.99, rather than a subscription, so thrifty users may want to take a look. Features include:
- Lock: Remotely locks your phone and displays a contact information screen. Stays locked until you enter your password, even if the phone is rebooted!
- Alert: Helps you find your phone by playing a loud tone, even if your phone is in a Silent or Vibrate-only profile. Also locks your phone to prevent unauthorized access.
- Locate: Uses the built-in BlackBerry GPS and sends you a link to the mapped location of your phone.
- Backup: Remotely backs up your contacts. Use to archive your current contacts, or save them if you need to wipe your phone.
- List: Emails you a listing of the data on your phone. Allows you to verify what a Wipe will do without actually deleting your data.
- Wipe: Remotely wipes your BlackBerry to prevent someone from accessing your personal data. Removes Calendar, Contacts, Emails, Phone Logs, Memos, Tasks and Files on your SD Card and in Device Memory.
- SendPwd: Remotely retrieve your password in case you've forgotten it.
- Help: Remotely receive a listing of the supported commands.
Contest: We have 50 licenses for BuddyGuard Pro to give away! Just leave a comment on this post to enter. Contest ends this Sunday at Midnight PST. Please only leave one comment, multiple entries won't count.