The begining of the week saw the third birthday of BlackBerry App World. Although there wasn't any big celebrations (as everyone at RIM is hard at work on BB10) you can find a Happy Birthday BlackBerry App World folder in the carosel in App World. Along with that it seems that another country as been added to the App World roster. BlackBerry App World is currently available in over 160 countries and now Brunei has been added to the growing list of countries that can now enjoy App World and get access to over 70,000 apps. If you reside in Brunei and have been waiting to get access to App World, get it now.
Download BlackBerry App World
BlackBerry App World is Now Available in Brunei
Brunei Darussalam - Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced that BlackBerry App WorldTM, the official app store for BlackBerry® smartphones, is now available for customers in Brunei.
With today's announcement, customers in Brunei can now easily discover, download, manage, and enjoy a wide range of mobile applications available for their BlackBerry smartphone. BlackBerry smartphone users around the world download more than 6 million apps per day from BlackBerry App World and there are over 70,000 apps in the catalog today.
RIM actively supports developers in order to provide apps that leverage the many advantages of the BlackBerry platform and deliver best-in-class mobile experiences.
"BlackBerry App World offers a rich catalog of applications that enhance the user experience. There is high demand for BlackBerry apps and we are excited that customers in Brunei will now be able to enjoy this service," said Nicholas Horton, Managing Director, Indochina, RIM.
BlackBerry App World is available for all BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry® OS 4.5 or higher. Customers can download BlackBerry App World directly to their smartphone by visiting www.blackberry.com/appworld or mobile.blackberry.com . BlackBerry App World can be conveniently accessed over both Wi-Fi® and mobile phone networks and automatically presents users with the relevant catalog of applications available for their specific BlackBerry smartphone model.
Some Key Features of BlackBerry App World:
Easy Application Discovery:
- Featured Items Carousel: BlackBerry App World showcases a changing selection of featured apps on its front page for easy discovery.
- Top 25 Lists: A variety of top 25 lists are easily found for the top themes, newest apps, updated apps and more.
- Categories: BlackBerry App World features a variety of application categories, including entertainment, IM and social networking, news, weather, productivity and more.
- QR Barcode Scanning: Users can scan a QR code associated with an app. BlackBerry App World can then quickly find the related app and automatically open the app's details and download screen.
- Reviews: Apps can be reviewed by users and those reviews are reflected in star ratings. Users can read reviews, see screenshots and read a description of each app before they download it.
- Share and Recommend: BlackBerry App World users can recommend apps to other people through email, PIN, SMS, BBMTM (BlackBerry® Messenger) and select social networks.
Simple Application Management:
BlackBerry ID: BlackBerry ID facilitates payment options, including credit card and PayPal, and allows customers to conveniently transfer their personal library of apps when they switch to a new BlackBerry smartphone.
- Application Storage: BlackBerry App World includes a folder called My World, which keeps track of apps that the user has downloaded. It is a personal storage space that allows users to manage activities like uninstalling and re-installing apps.
- Update Notifications: Users can be notified of updates that are available for apps they've downloaded from BlackBerry App World.
BlackBerry App World Desktop Storefront: Users can also browse, purchase, download and manage apps from their desktop computer.
About Research In Motion (RIM)
Research In Motion (RIM), a global leader in wireless innovation, revolutionized the mobile industry with the introduction of the BlackBerry® solution in 1999. Today, BlackBerry products and services are used by millions of customers around the world to stay connected to the people and content that matter most throughout their day. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, RIM operates offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. RIM is listed on the NASDAQ Stock Market (NASDAQ: RIMM) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RIM). For more information, visit www.rim.com or www.blackberry.com.
Forward-looking statements in this news release are made pursuant to the "safe harbor" provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and applicable Canadian securities laws. When used herein, words such as "expect", "anticipate", "estimate", "may", "will", "should", "intend," "believe", and similar expressions, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on estimates and assumptions made by RIM in light of its experience and its perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors that RIM believes are appropriate in the circumstances. Many factors could cause RIM's actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements, including those described in the "Risk Factors" section of RIM's Annual Information Form, which is included in its Annual Report on Form 40-F (copies of which filings may be obtained at www.sedar.com or www.sec.gov). These factors should be considered carefully, and readers should not place undue reliance on RIM's forward-looking statements. RIM has no intention and undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law. The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited. RIM, Research In Motion and BlackBerry are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. RIM assumes no obligations or liability and makes no representation, warranty, endorsement or guarantee in relation to any aspect of any third party products or services.