If you haven't heard about Bridge before it is an app aimed at Pebble smartwatch users, specifically, the Pebble Time and Pebble Time Round. It allows users to make use of the official Pebble app to get notifications and use watch apps. Something Talk2Watch Pro only offered in limited functionality. With the original Pebble and Pebble Steel now receiving the firmware update that brings the Timeline feature - introduced with the Pebble Time - Bridge has been updated to support the original line of Pebble watches.
There are other new features in this latest build of Bridge and you can see the full changelog below for the full list.
- Bridge now supports Pebble Classic and Pebble Classic Steel! Unfortunately, only basics features are available, some advanced features like custom replies, long message support or icons are not available due to RAM limitations. Pebble Time app required with 3.8 OS minimum.
- Bridge now supports 10.2.1 users!
- Bridge will now auto-restart if headless part crashes. If you want to close the headless part, use the button in Bridge Settings page.
- Fix for recurring calendar events not always showing up in Timeline.
- Bridge will now show an error message in Hub if it detects that the API used in Bridge and Bridge WA isn't the same. That can lead to unexpected errors or crashes as both parts aren't using the same 'language'. The message will ask you to update both Bridge and Bridge WA.
There are a few things to note with this update. You have to have firmware 3.8 installed on your Pebble - for all models. Bridge WA - the companion watch app - should see an automatic update within 24 hours of updating Bridge, however, if you want update it manually you must first delete the Bridge WA version you have installed and then re-download it from the Pebble appstore. If you use any of the Hub2Watch watchfaces, created by the same developer, those are in the process of being updated. Some watchfaces may already be updated at the time of writing.
If you're curious to know how Bridge works, you can check out our original article that also includes a walkthrough video. Bridge is available for all BlackBerry 10 smartphones running OS 10.2.1 and above. It is free to download and you get a 3-day trial. You can then unlock the full version via the CellNinja app bundle. Of course, if you own it already, updates will be free. If you have any feedback or suggestions with regards to the Bridge app, you can join in the conversation in the CrackBerry Forums, where the developer is very active.