BoxTone launches first automated mobile device policy and compliance management engine
on 27 Sep 2011 06:11 pm
As any IT Admin will tell you, working with multiple platforms in a deployment stage can be rather tedious especially if you are working on a larger scale. Controlling and authorizing all those devices and different platforms with IT policies and security settings is no easy task. Larger organizations have managed to do it for years now without very much help from management systems but with the ever increasing growth of devices in the market, deployment has become much harder these days. That's where BoxTones latest announcement comes in.
BoxTone’s EMM platform now delivers full enterprise-grade security, management and governance based on key enhancements made to its automated Mobile Device Management (MDM) Engine, which include:
- BoxTone Security Management Dashboard: Provides real-time visibility into the global mobile security posture and compliance status – from across the enterprise down to the individual device – with trending information and acute details on security gaps or non-compliance.
- BoxTone Policy Management: Automatically maps and extends existing enterprise policy typically defined and managed in Active Directory, then automatically synchronizes policy adds, changes and removes to all devices with no manual intervention.
- BoxTone Configuration Management: Automatically adjusts device configurations based on changes to mobile and enterprise policies with no manual intervention.
- BoxTone Compliance Management: Continuously monitors the end-to-end security status of all enterprise devices, applications, mobile services, dependent infrastructure and existing security and policy systems, and automatically detects, remediates and logs violations with no manual intervention.
- BoxTone Mobile Analytics: Includes comprehensive data warehouse and Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) reporting to deliver a holistic approach with full audit capabilities and proof of controls.
- BoxTone Platform Integration: The expanded EMM platform integrates with existing security and policy management systems to ensure consistent policy enforcement across the enterprise; eliminates the typical risks associated with traditional MDM tools that create their own separate, gap-riddled policy stove-pipes.
Now more then ever, device deployment can be handled in a such a way that is both cost effective and easily handled. Device provisioning can be started, monitored and finalized from within one system making deployment to multiple platforms such as BlackBerry, Android and iOS easy as it can be currently. Check out the source link below for the full details.
Learn more about BoxTone