Each year I make a list of all the books I want to read over the summer. Whether or not I get to them is a different story. The fact is my tastes are eclectic and the volume of paperbacks and hardcovers that grace my shelves are difficult to organize and keep track of. Book-zy was my application of choice when it came to organizing, sorting, and viewing the all of the titles I own or read over the years. It gave the ability to jot down and store personal notes, share recommendations through the BlackBerry framework, read reviews, scan ISBN's to search your virtual library, pull data on books from Google on each title.
This week the developer unveiled a brand new version of this application with additional features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
v126.96.36.199 – Software Update
- 10.3 application theming support
- BlackBerry Passport & Classic support
- Added the ability to track books to a wish list
- View the book covers in full screen by tapping the book thumbnail via the Book detail page
- Track the number of pages read
- Now display the percentage read when viewing a book that is part of "My bookshelf - Reading" tab view
- In the reading tab view, adjusted the book item to display the percentage read
- Ability to quickly modify number of pages from context menu while viewing the reading pane
- New monetizing model. We are dropping the freemium model and moved forward with a light / pro version
- Replaced the backup function with enhanced csv export functionality
- Enhanced export and import progress feedback functionality
- Fixed issue for books that are returned from Google books with no ISBN number. Those books can now be added to the bookshelf
- Fix bug with on touch header within search results
Whether you are shopping for new books, joining a book club, or simply have too many books to read you will enjoy Book-zy. You can find the new version for $1.99 in BlackBerry World for OS 10.3 and higher.