Bolt 1.5 has finally been officially released. In the 8 months of the public beta, Bolt has seen some fantastic growth in its user base and within the application itself. Many new changes are upon us with the launch of version 1.5, and if you have never tried Bolt before, now is a great time to give it a look
New features and enhancements to BOLT 1.5 include:
- Cache Support to speed users’ ability to move quickly back and forth between the currently and previously viewed Web pages through the use of backward and forward navigation.
- Download Manager for easy download of files directly from BOLT and the ability to save them to specific folders on the mobile phone (requires JSR75 support on the device).
- Support for Streaming Videos of Any Length that overcomes limitations on some phones’ ability to stream videos of longer lengths. The new approach ensures video clips will play on all devices, for any length video.
- Video Wizard to assist users in configuring their device for optimal video playback.
- Dedicated Search Bar on home page, for easier and faster online searches.
- Improved Ability to Manage RSS Feeds by allowing users to arrange and file feeds just as they do with their favorites and bookmarks.
- Enhancements for Touch Screen Devices such as simple volume controls for the BOLT media player which now offers volume controls on the screen.
- Enhancements for BOLT Servers in the cloud, which increase the already fast BOLT mobile browser by an additional 10 to 20 percent.
With over 2 million downloads in 190 countries Bolt has done a great job in bringing desktop web browsing to the BlackBerry Smartphone platform and with the launch of 1.5, it's quite clear they have no intention of slowing down in their development any time soon.