It has been exactly a month since BlackBerry 10 Twitter client, Blaq, received a major update to v1.4. It had tonnes of new features as well as bug fixes. Today, another update has rolled out, bringing it to v184.108.40.206. Blaq is a great Twitter client that I keep going back to. As I'm sure many users would agree.
Here's a rundown of what's new in v220.127.116.11.
- Tweet post error banner with tap-to-retry
- Pull to refresh in search and user tweets
- BIG Start-up time improvements
- Watchlist and background streams are compressed again to save on bandwidth
- Email address for Send Logs feature is now remembered after first-use
- Mentions indicator not showing
- Search not auto focusing on keyboard devices
- When user is blocked, unblock menu item doesn't show and vice versa
- When a tweet has failed to post, the posted successfully banner gets stuck
- Gap fill not showing where needed
- BBID restore popup occurs after restore/skip completed
- Compose floater shown briefly when moving between screens even though it's disabled
- If background service crashes, UI app forcefully tries to reconnect which slows down device
- Crash when tweet displayed on active frame is deleted
- Outgoing direct messages have a dark font on lite theme
- Minor cosmetic and memory issues
- Bad pull interval on BBID restore causes app to endlessly request timelines (battery drain)
- In some cases, Send button on Send Logs doesn't enable
- When app is minimized, it attempts to poll for new tweets even though background updates is enabled.
- Unable to attach a new photo after posting a photo
- Direct messages reappear after being deleted
- Unicode characters showing incorrectly in timeline when Hold Place in Timeline is turned on
- Unicode characters showing incorrectly in hub (watchlist or photo post notification)
- Picture preview for compose screen too small (Passport)
If you haven't updated already, take a trip into BlackBerry World for the update.