The best-selling and CrackBerry all-star app Blaq has been updated bringing all kinds of great new features along as well as plenty of fixes. Version 1.2 is sporting push mentions and messages, scheduled Tweets, Universal Search and much more. It's been a bit since we've seen an official update for Blaq but this one certainly does not disappoint. If you're a new or current Blaq user you'll love the new features.
What's New in v1.2
- Push Mentions and Direct Messages - Receive notifications when you’re mentioned or receive a new direct message even if the app is closed!
- Scheduled tweets - Send a tweet at any time, from one or multiple accounts and manage them all within the app
- Attach location to a tweet - Let people know where you are when you tweet. This is an opt-in feature per tweet. We do not request your location unless you want to use it.
- Tweet from multiple accounts (or even a single account without switching) - Tap the title bar when composing a new tweet to add or switch!
- Sensitive information warning - Warns you if you’re about to post your PIN to your public timeline
- Universal Search - Search for tweets from your home screen and open the results in Blaq
- Stream attempts to reconnect on losing or switching connections
- Speed improvements
- Account switch crash
- Minimize crash
- Unable to post pictures
- Updating profile fails
- Blank text when sharing tweet (10.2)
- When selecting a photo, character count doesn’t update
- Direct message convo doesn’t focus on Q10/Q5
- Follow button doesn’t reflect actual following
- “Follow Request Sent” is now shown when requesting to follow a protected account
- Pictures not posting via share
- Pictures saving without file extension
- When sharing, friend picker is blank
- When sharing, account picker is blank
- Edit profile errors when saving
- Crash on switch account (10.1 MR+)
- When scrolling to end of user or tweet lists, the last one is duplicated
- Crash on RT of protected tweet
- Wrong pictures showing on tweets
- Sharing card comes up blank (10.2)
- After adding a new account, screen goes blank.
- Active frame sometimes doesn’t show (10.2)
- Crash when quoting a tweet from the tweet detail screen
- Other small bug fixes
This version is a free upgrade for existing users. New users can pick it up for the Z10, Q10 and Q5 for $2.99.