Stack Exchange sites are a great resource for on the web for asking questions and getting answers on a wide array of subjects. Everything from game development to home improvement to web design is covered through the over 130 Q&A communities. BlackStack, a new native BlackBerry 10 app, has now been released to BlackBerry World, and it offers up a better way to browse those communities on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Supported Stack Exchange features:
- View questions, answers, and comments from all Stack Exchange communities
- Search for questions, users, or tags
- Sign-in to view your profile and posts
- Upvote and downvote questions and answers while signed in
- Inline images and videos
- Syntax highlighting, math formatting, and spoiler tags.
- Bookmark questions so that you can quickly return to them later
- Snapshot questions for viewing offline
- Search for questions either through the app or using BlackBerry Universal Search/Assistant
- Set favourite communities for quick access,
- Invoke BlackStack from web links throughout the BlackBerry OS.
Although BlackStack is a free download, there are some optional premium features available for purchase for $1.99. Should you find the app useful and want to purchase it, you'll gain access to the ability to change from the Bright theme to the beta version of the Dark theme, lock the app with either an alphanumeric or simple four-digit password, show the Superbar at the top of the screen. The Superbar displays the phones battery status, the current time, as well as approximations of the current WiFi and cellular connection status.