BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) updated to version 1.8
After a fairly long break from development, BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) has been updated to version 1.8. The update brings with it some fixes as well as a few new features. If you aren't familiar with BBSAK, it is a desktop utility that allows you to do a ton of stuff for your BlackBerry like wipe, load a new OS, install CODs from your desktop, take screenshots and much more. In my use I have to say it's one of the best ways to salvage your device from the dreaded 507 error. Features include:
- Wipe Blackberry leaving a 507 error
- Reset Blackberry to factory state removing any IT Policy.
- Take Screenshots of your Blackberry (Screenshots stored in My Pictures\BBScreenies)
- Auto-Detects if phone is plugged in first
- Displays PIN so you know your connected
- Will not let you do any actions until phone detected
- Load OS will auto delete Vendor.xml and start Loader.exe. (BBDM is needed for this)
- Backup 3rd Party Apps
- Restore 3rd Party Apps
Before installing v1.8 you'll need to remove any previous versions of the app. BBSAK is available free from the link below.