If like me you prefer to go with a SIM only contract and have the freedom to switch carriers/phones whenever you feel the need arises you may want to consider the BlackBerry Q5 SIM free when it arrives this summer.
A buddy of mine at unlocked-mobiles.com dropped me an email with pricing details for the Q5 SIM free. Here it comes, you ready? £349.98.
Like me, you're probably thinking that's a ton of money for a mid range BlackBerry 10 smartphone, but thinking about it, it's still £200 cheaper than picking up the Q10. So what do you get for your money?
- System: GSM Quad Band 850/1800/1900/2100 4G & LTE
- Dimensions: 120 x 66 x 10.8mm
- Software Platform: Blackberry 10.1 Operating System
- Display: 3.1 inch LCD Capacitive touchscreen with 16 million colours, QWERTY keyboard
- Resolution: 720 x 720 pixels
- Memory: 8GB, 2GB RAM
- Camera: 5MP, LED flash, autofocus
- Battery: Li-ion 2180 mAh battery - Non-removable
What’s in the box?
- BlackBerry® Q5 Handset
- BlackBerry® Battery
- BlackBerry® Mains Charger
- BlackBerry® Stereo Headset
- BlackBerry® USB Data Cable
- User Guide
- Warranty Card
Stock is expected in the middle of July but like most new smartphones these dates are often open to change. Do you think the Q5 will sell well SIM free or will the majority of users pick one up on a 24 month contract? Sound off in the comments.