At this point, the BlackBerry Porsche Design P'9983 is far from a secret. Its been spotted all over the place and has even appeared in several up close images already but the list of specs for the device has always been kept to the rather obvious stuff such as the display, processor and RAM.
A new spec sheet has now appeared along with another batch of images that claims to list the full specs of the device for everyone to judge. It doesn't confirm anything that wasn't already assumed anyway but if you fall into that 'Prestige' buyer category it's worth a look.
The Porsche Design devices have their fans, so let us know what you all think. I'm holding out for some real images, those have yet to appear and as we all know, devices tend to look different from their press renders.
The specifications of the Porsche Design P'9983 smartphone from BlackBerry include the following:
The P'9983 smartphone from BlackBerry showcases Porsche Design features, which include high-end materials and finishes. The chassis, lock and right-side keys, and Porsche Design logo are constructed of forged and CNC-milled stainless steel. The camera lens is constructed of sapphire glass. The back cover is made with glass weave technology.
Unique PIN - With the Porsche Design P'9983 smartphone from BlackBerry you'll be part of an exclusive Porsche Design BlackBerry PIN ID group (2AAXXXXX) that is instantly recognizable among Porsche Design users.
- Display - 3.1 inch, 720 x 720 pixels, 24-bit color OLED display
- Memory - 64 GB application storage and 2 GB RAM
- Processor - 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- Navigation - Touch screen
- Keyboard - Physical keyboard, full QWERTY
- Battery - 2100 mAh removable battery
- Camera - Front-facing camera: 2 MP, Fixed-focus, Image stabilization (for still image and video capture), 3x digital zoom / Rear-facing camera: 8 MP, Autofocus and flash, Image stabilization (for still image and video capture), 5x digital zoom
- Video Camera - Front-facing camera: 720p HD video recording at 30 fps. Rear-facing camera: 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps and 720p HD video recording at 60 fps
- GPS- Assisted GPS: Uses the wireless network to retrieve GPS satellite information. Assisted GPS can achieve a fast retrieval of the first GPS fix. Autonomous GPS: Uses the GPS receiver on the device to retrieve location information. This mode can't be used indoors or in close proximity to many physical obstructions, and can take several minutes to fully synchronize with four or more GPS satellites for the first GPS fix. Simultaneous GPS: Allows a device to receive both GPS and voice data at the same time, which allows service providers to offer location-based services.
- OS - BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3
- Sensors - Accelerometer: Required to sense the orientation, either portrait or landscape, of the device and to enable the corresponding UI orientation. Magnetometer: Used to provide information on the direction that the user is facing. The Compass app uses the magnetometer to determine your direction relative to the Earth's magnetic poles or to true north. Ambient Light Sensor: Controls the brightness of the display based on ambient light availability and brightness for optimum display visibility and energy efficiency. Proximity sensor: Used to prevent unintentional data entry when the device is pressed to the face during a call.
- Networks - Porsche Design P'9983 smartphone from BlackBerry SQK100-1: Quad band LTE (2, 4, 5, 17) (700/850/1700/1900 MHz), Quad band HSPA+ (Bands 1, 2, 4, 5/6) (850/1700/1900/2100 MHz), Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) / Porsche Design P'9983 smartphone from BlackBerry SQK100-2: Quad band LTE (2, 4, 5, 17) (700/850/1700/1900 MHz), Tri band HSPA+ (1, 2, 5/6) (850/1900/2100 MHz) for 42 Mbps, Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz)