RIM has released an update to BlackBerry Mobile Fusion 6. Service pack 2 is available now and provides updates for Universal Device Service that includes additional support for iOS and Android devices. The service pack further enhances the usabiliy of BlackBerry Mobile fusion and prepares enterprises for BlackBerry 10 services as well. Keep reading for the full list of updates.
New Features in Universal Device Service 6.2
- Gatekeeping for Exchange ActiveSync: provides enterprises with the ability to limit access to Exchange ActiveSync to managed and compliant devices
- Support for Proxy Servers for Outgoing Connections from Universal Device Service: this improvement helps enterprises deploy the Universal Device Service in their existing IT infrastructure
- SCEP Proxy for Certificate Provisioning to Managed Devices: enterprises that want to improve security and user experience using certificate based authentication can now provision certificates to devices from an enterprise CA without the need to expose SCEP to the Internet
- Support for Android devices with Motorola EDM: the Universal Device Service configures the native PIM client on devices that support Motorola Enterprise Device Management
- More Flexible Assignment of Automated Compliance Actions: administrators now have more flexibility in assigning measures to be taken by the system for jailbreaking and app incompliance by users and user groups