Just in time for the holidays, BlackBerry has now updated their suite of Android apps for Priv, DTEK50 and DTEK60. This time around there's plenty of changes to be noted for all the apps across the board including enhancements to Hub+, the BlackBerry Keyboard, and the BlackBerry Launcher.
BlackBerry Hub+ Apps
- Accounts Improvements: It's easier than ever to stay organized! You can now choose to hide specific accounts from Hub and Contacts and stop them from synchronizing. You can also set a default email account in the Hub for sending.
- A Better Hub at a Glance: Create a custom view for emails that can be personalized to multiple, specific contacts and show contact avatars in Hub email notifications.
- Tasks Improvements: Completed tasks can now be hidden.
- More Attachments: .eml email attachments are now viewable.
BlackBerry Android Keyboard
- Switching Languages: Enjoy visual enhancements and quicker response when you switch languages.
- Expanded Chinese Input: Our keyboard now supports Chinese input methods like Stoke and Zhuyin!
- Fingerprint support: If you are using password autofill, you can use your fingerprint on supported phones, including DTEK60, to unlock Password Keeper for faster access.
- Dark Theme: Give your launcher a sleeker, sexier look! Dark Theme makes the background of the "All Apps" grid black instead of white.
- Autofill Enhancements: Unlock autofill with your fingerprint directly from the BlackBerry Keyboard.
- Built-in Browser: Open and log in to web pages directly from Password Keeper, even on non-BlackBerry devices.
- New Password Font: Is that a small l in your password, or a capital I? Now you'll be able to tell!
- Non-Latin Character Support: Password Keeper now supports non-Latin characters, including Chinese.
The updates should be live now in the Google Play Store for most folks, so if you're seeing them be sure to get them downloaded. If you're not seeing them as of yet, hang tight. They might still be filtering out and will arrive shortly.