Howdy and welcome to the weekly app roundup! So how many of you Beta Zone users were able to nab the new BlackBerry Radio? From the description, it sounds like a winner, but since it’s only available in the US, the rest of the world will have to wait and see. Oh well, at least Canada can enjoy Dragon for Email now.
Today, we announce the winners of the MemoryUp Pro giveaway and also give you the chance to win one of 10 copies of e-mobile Air Share! Have a rootin’ tootin’ weekend! Giddy up!
Freebies of the Week: Sentinel Xlator, Multitext, CIBC Home Advisor (Canada)
In Case You Missed It: ZonaSnap, Dragon for Email
New This Week: OnTime, mybox, Enhance Night Photo
Cool at BlackBerry App World: Footnotes
Contest: Win one of 10 copies of e-mobile Air Share!
Freebies Of The Week:
Sentinel Xlator - Xlator is a translation application for your BlackBerry smartphone. This is an easy to use application to meet your translation purposes. Application supports more than 52 language combinations- Gives you the ability to communicate with people other than your language. The translation service is powered by Google(TM).
You can send translated text via email/sms or copy and paste anywhere. You can also put the translated text as status message in Facebook or Twitter. You can also translate websites or a file in your device.
- 52 language combinations.
- Read translations phonetically.
- Hear translated text(not for all languages) Copy translated text and use anywhere you prefer. Email/SMS translated text. Post translated text in Facebook or Twitter. Integrated with Email/SMS/Browser so that you can translate on the fly. Translate sites(beta) Translate documents(beta) Easy swap between languages. Intuitive user interface.)
Multitext - Ever need to send the same text message to multiple people and did not want to retype the text over and over to each person you send a text to? Maybe you have a carpool and you want to tell everyone at one time that you are on the way. Multitext is for you! Multitext is used to send a single text message to multiple destinations.
- Create a list of phone numbers to send a text to, either manually or from your contact list
- Send a single text to everyone you have selected
- Responses show up in your text inbox
CIBC Home Advisor - Introducing the CIBC Home Advisor Super App, for house hunters looking to make their home purchase easier. Access expert mortgage advice wherever you are, whether you’re exploring neighbourhoods, visiting properties, or simply doing research.
Keep track of properties visited:
- Compare your favorite homes by taking photos and completing a Home Buyers’ Checklis
- Add personal notes on the home’s condition and overall appeal
- Share property details and photos via email
- Track closing dates in your BlackBerry device calendar
View detailed neighbourhood information:
- Access neighbourhood valuations, trends and highlights
- Find desirable neighbourhoods using a colour-coded map with property values
- Request a neighbourhood report and have it sent to you
- Share neighbourhood information with friends on Facebook and Twitter
Calculate home ownership costs:
- Determine the price you can afford to pay for a home
- Estimate your mortgage payments
- Compare the costs of buying a home versus renting
- Calculate the equity in your current home
Get free advice from a CIBC Mortgage Advisor
- Contact the nearest CIBC Mortgage Advisor to get advice on your mortgage options or have them meet you wherever is most convenient
- Add a CIBC Mortgage Advisor to your BlackBerry contacts
- Request a CIBC Pre-Approved Mortgage Certificate for financing
In Case You Missed It:
ZonaSnap - ZonaSnap is an application developed by Javiergv (Staff of ZonaBlackBerry) which allows you to capture the screen of your BlackBerry and then gives you a range of options such as; send to Twitter, send to BlackBerry Messenger (Not supported for OS 6), save, send as Email and send to Photobucket. It's the union of these features that makes ZonaSnap unique. It’s very easy to use and also highly practical. The application is available in two languages English and Spanish.
- Zonasnap added as a menu item with options to remove.
- Send snap of your screen without saving straight from the screen as email, to Photobucket, Twitter, BlackBerry Messenger Contact or simply save to SD card under your pictures folder.
- Can be added as a convenience key.
- Really small in file size.
- When used from the menu it gives you a preview of your screen shot.
- Files can be saved as jpg or png format.
- After the capture is sent to Photobucket, you will receive a notification in a window reporting that the image code has been received and it has been inserted into Memopad.
- Short vibration to let you know the snap has been taken, with option to remove this alert.
- Very easy to use.
- Options to add a Water Mark and rotate it, add Opacity, Scale and Align into the Capture-this Water Mark can be selected from the SD Card pictures.
- Full 7days Trial. After the expired trial all the main options will be available, except the selection of the watermark- will be set a default water mark in the capture.
- Options to change the quality of the capture in the format jpg.
Dragon for Email - Dragon for E-Mail is an easy-to-use email dictation application powered by Dragon NaturallySpeaking that allows you to easily speak and instantly see your emails by simply dictating directly within the BlackBerry® email client.
You can just open up your email client and start dictating anytime you want to send an email message. In fact, it’s up to five (5) times faster than typing on the keyboard. Dragon for E-Mail helps you to stay connected and be productive no matter where you are.
Dragon for E-mail covers your end-to-end email needs - from dictating contact names and subject lines, to dictating short or long email messages – and you can reply, compose a new message or forward one.
SUPPORTED DEVICES: For a list of supported device/carrier combinations, please go to http://www.dragonmobileapps.com/bb/supportemail.html and review article entitled "Which devices are supported?" from the "System Requirements and Installation" section.
New This Week:
OnTime - OnTime uses your existing calendar and your location to remind you when to leave to make it to your next event on time. The traffic aware program also allows you to inform other attendees when you are going to be late or on time by either text message or email alert. When you arrive, you can check in to either Facebook or Twitter and you have the option of walking directions or driving. Ontime is very versatile and allows you to filter your calendars and disable events if you wish. OnTime is the one app intent on making your life easier, one event at a time.
mybox - All mybox accounts have been upgraded to 1GB. Subscribe today to upgrade your box-we offer the most competitive prices starting $9.99/yr (the cost of 2 starbucks coffees).
Access your files from home, work, school etc... and share files with anyone worldwide all within a regular mobile friendly web browser interface that everyone is already accustomed to. 5, 10, and 20GB drives using the easiest system to use in the world.
The easiest way to share larger files from your smartphone with your computer. OTA support is also built-in, this features allows you to upload files for the purpose of sharing with others on a download basis.
Multifile upload is also built-in (some browsers are not supported for these specific features). Our system is fully automated and you won't have to wait until an administrator creates your account like other sites. The service we offer you isn't breakthrough technology. It's the combination of a few technologies to provide a system that enables convenience at the highest levels. Also, at the same time it frees you from the constraints of file sharing with flash drives, and other means such as email(usually if your attachment is over 10MB you will have problems).
Enhance Night Photo - Enhance Night Photo allows you to enhance dark images and create cool looking (and clear) images. You can use the application to make really dark photos brighter by changing the brightness, contrast and or apply color filters (over 8 cool filters). It’s not only functional (for dark photos); it’s also fun to create cool looking images!
- Open an image by using the menu item that will show up in the file explorer
- Change the contrast of the image
- Change the brightness of the image
- Apply color filters like: Infrared, alien, filter blue, filter green, filter red, negative, sepia, greyscale
- Preview the image
- Save the image in the memory of your device
- Set the image as your wallpaper
- Send the image to an email address
- Post the image to your own server (through POST)
- Upload the image to Twitter with TwitPic
- Upload the image to Imgur and copy the url to the clipboard
- Upload the image to GlowFoto and copy the url to the clipboard
- Upload the image Tumblr
- Upload the image to Imageshack and copy the url to the clipboard
Cool In BlackBerry App World:
Footnotes - Developed by a committed group of dedicated runners, Footnotes is the ultimate mobile fitness app for BlackBerry users. It is clean and simple to use allowing you to track and calculate your TIME, DISTANCE, PACE, and CALORIES burned. When you’re done, Footnotes provides you with the options to review, save, and share your run! Using your BlackBerry, you can now run more effectively and efficiently without the need to carry the many peripherals and devices you once did!
- Bright bold display (dashboard) indicating your TIME, DISTANCE, PACE, and GPS connectivity
- Quick and easy GPS connection
- Past Run Log that saves and provides you with a quick summary of your TIME, DISTANCE, PACE, and CALORIES burned for each of your runs along with the option to view your run on a map
- Access to your music files stored on your BlackBerry enabling you to run and listen to your favourite tunes
- Sound notification options to alert you of Time Intervals, Distance Intervals, and Pace alerts
- Option to view in either Metric or Imperial measurement units
- Ability to share your run results with a post to your Facebook account
Air Share - The most powerful file sharing tool on the market! Support file sharing among different mobile devices and PC.
- View the BlackBerry file system both internal and SD memory card.
- No need for a USB data cable, send movies, pictures, music and office documents directly to your device and view them from device built-in media player or office document viewer.
- Browse, view, and delete files on device directly from the application.
- Support file sharing between BlackBerry and PC (PC client is a separate purchase for $1.99 at: e-mobilesoft website
- Support file sharing between BlackBerry devices
- Support file sharing between BlackBerry and Android devices (upcoming release)
- Support file sharing between BlackBerry and other mobile devices (future release)
Until Next Week..
Well there you have it folks! I hope you enjoyed the apps we managed to corral this week. If you have any information on software (including news and tips), or if you are developer looking to be in the spotlight (or contest) let me know via email at email@example.com or on Twitter at twitter.com/ryanblundell.
Of course, we also have many more New BlackBerry Apps, Updated BlackBerry Apps and Free BlackBerry Apps available at ShopCrackBerry.com. Be sure to visit our software store for more great deals on BlackBerry Applications!