Welcome to this week's BlackBerry App Roundup! We have searched high and low and found some neat apps to share with you this week, so head on past the break to check them out. If you have an app you want to see featured in the roundup be sure to check the end of the post for information on submitting it to us.
Keep Up! 2 by szello
How long can you keep them up? Simple. Fun. Addictive. Keep Up! 2 for the BlackBerry PlayBook is packed with new features that takes the game to the next level. Just like the original, it’s all about keeping the soccer ball up in the air. Just simply tap on the ball to bounce it up and try to keep it in the air as long as you can. Keep Up! 2 is available for your BlackBerry PlayBook for $1.99.
More information/screenshots and to purchase Keep Up! 2
- 2-ball Mode - Twice the intensity and twice the fun! Seriously.
- Unlockable Achievements - New, fun and challenging ball types can be earned through achievements.
- Realistic Graphics & Sound - Immerse yourself in a world of delight. The game’s relaxing sounds and scenic backdrop, along with an improved physics engine, makes the game more responsive and realistic than the original.
- High scores - Submit your best scores to the world leader boards for honour and glory.
Biggest Loser by Hugo Malha Ferreira
Do you want to gain control of your weight in a simple and straight forward way? Biggest Loser was developed to provide the user with an easy to understand graphical representation of the user's weight. Biggest Loser comes packed with features. View lists of weight and charts by dates of the weight and body mass index. Biggest Loser is available for $.99 for the BlackBerry PlayBook.
More information/screenshots and to purchase Biggest Loser
- View lists of weight;
- Supports English and Portuguese;
- Detailed color chart by dates of the weight;
- Detailed color chart by dates of the body mass index
Pong Shot Reloaded by Manthan Studio
Now play the popular Pong Shot game with first person interactive game play and exciting animations. The objective is to clear the opponent’s cups by dunking ball into them. The game difficulty increases with each level. Raise the bar with each win. Remember, every time your opponent gets a ball in your cup, your cup gets cleared and so does the chance of you losing the competition. So, practice to be perfect. Take a shot! Pong Shot is available for $.99 for most BlackBerry smartphones.
- Realistic first person game play.
- Cool and enjoyable animations.
- Suitable game for all ages.
- Challenging game play with automatically increasing difficulty levels.
- Forced fast game play with timer running in each level.
More information/screenshots and to purchase Pong ShotPowWow by Lahrs Apps
PowWow is a one stop event planning app. With PowWow You can create and coordinate any social event! Currently only available for BB7 devices, but coming soon for devices on OS 5 and higher. There is a free version and a premium version available for $1.99. (Items with an asterix are available in the paid version only.)
More information/screenshots and to download the free version of PowWowMore information/screenshots and to purchase the premium version of PowWow
- Invite BlackBerry Messenger contacts and Add other contacts
- Check contact availability *
- Friend Locator *
- Create and Add contacts to event
- Keep track of how many people are attending the event
- Update BlackBerry Messenger contacts real time of event updates
- Add events to your calendar
- Custom color themes *
- Start BlackBerry Messenger chats
Clock King by Yijun Ge
Clock King supports multiple/unlimited alarms on your phone with mp3/wma/midi ring and jpeg/png picture background. You can set one alarm for waking up morning, one for noon nap, many for friends' birthdays, etc. Clock King is just $.99 and has a 30 day free trial.
More information/screenshots and to download Clock King
- Supports many many alarms and each alarm has its own settings;
- Supports mp3/wma/midi music ring;
- Supports picture as background;
- Supports vibration and LED flashing;
- The application DOESN'T run in background to avoid burden to your phone;
- Supports alarm even power down;
- Supports repeat type: once/minute/hour/day/week/weekdays/weekends/month/year;
What You Might Have Missed
Got BlackBerry OS 7? Wikitude Augmented Reality Browser is waiting to be downloaded
One of the most anticipated applications for the new BlackBerry OS 7 phones has to be the Wikitude Augmented Reality Browser. If you're not familiar, the augmented reality application displays the image from your smartphone's camera. Layered on top of this image are clickable links to information about the places around you. In past demonstrations, we've seen banks, hotels, shops, and even BlackBerry Messenger Contacts pop up on the screen. All in all, the Wikitude Augmented Reality Browser appears to be a highly useful (and entertaining) app.
If you've got an OS 7 device (lucky!), then you'll want to grab this app quickly. It's available today, right now, in BlackBerry App World. Please note that this BlackBerry App World link will only work from a BlackBerry OS7 device.
More information / download from BlackBerry App World
Until Next Week..
Well there you have it folks! Be sure to check out New BlackBerry Apps, Updated BlackBerry Apps and Free BlackBerry Apps available at ShopCrackBerry.com. If you are a developer and want to have your app shown in the roundup or you're interested in having us host a contest for you, drop me an email at cbmichelle[@]crackberry.com. See you all next week!