Holy A10! More and more BlackBerry A10 info is floating down the pipeline, and now a hot new slide had leaked in the CrackBerry forums that gives us a better look at just what the A10 might have in store. The slide is from back in May so take it for what it's worth, but it does give us a load of info about the upcoming A-series device nonetheless.
We've heard mixed things thus far so we're not sure just how accurate this info will be come launch, but for now we're rolling with it.
BlackBerry A10 Features and Specs
- Processor: Dual Core 1.7GHz Qualcomm MSM8960 Pro, Quad Core GPU
- Radio: LTE/CDMA/HSPA+, LTE/HSPA+
- Display: 5" OLED, HD/WXGA, 1280x720, 24-bit color, S-Stripe Pixel Arrangement, 295ppi
- Dimensions: 140.7 x 72 x 9.4mm (9.7 Verizon)
- OS: BlackBerry OS 10.2
- Camera: 8.0MP Rear Camera with flash, IS 5X / 2.0MP Front Camera IS 5X
- Memory: 16GB + 2GB(RAM) + 64GB uSB (hot-swap)
- Connectors: Micro USB, Micro HDMI out
- Sensors: Ambient Light, Proximity, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Altimeter
- WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n (4G Mobile Hotspot)
- Battery: 2800 mAh Integrated
- Other: NFC, DLNA, Micro SIM
As you can see, most of what we've heard so far holds true. The A10 should have a 5" screen that is 1280x720 at 295ppi. Inside it will be running a dual-core 1.7GHz processor with 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage.
The interesting thing is the battery however. We heard previously that it would be a non-removable battery and that fits with what we see here, so those battery doors (or back covers) that we've been seeing are certainly a bit of a puzzle right now especially due to the lack of NFC.
Also interesting to note is the mention of Verizon in the dimensions category, where the A10 is set to be .3 millimeters thicker than other A10 variants. This of course suggests that this new BlackBerry "phablet" will ultimately make an appearance on Big Red. Our fingers are crossed the Z10 is at least updated to 10.1 before that time :/
Hit up the forums to check out the slide in all its glory, then drop a comment letting us know what you think!