Time to turn the clock back - kind of. The BlackBerry 9720 is now on sale in the UK and we've been lucky enough to get our hands on one pretty sharpish. Whether BlackBerry should be releasing a new handset running BlackBerry 7 when BlackBerry 10 is now all the rage is a big topic of conversation, but it's here so in traditional CrackBerry fashion we have to bring you an unboxing. This one is a retail version so if you are looking to pick up the sub £200 BlackBerry you'll at least be able to see what comes with it.
As I mentioned in the video - we will have a full review of the 9720 in the coming weeks and in the meantime while that is being worked on I will be posting a 'first impressions' post in the next few days. I'd love to give you those impressions now but that wouldn't be fair on the handset.
What I will say though is that it's a good looking phone and the ribbed battery door looks and feels awesome.
So keep your eyes peeled on the site for more posts on the 9720 and in the meantime feel free to sound off in the comments your first thoughts. Don't be to cruel on this one. It may not be all singing and dancing like the BlackBerry 10 devices but in certain parts of the word - if priced right - it could do rather well.
BlackBerry 9720 Specification:
- System : 2G GSM 850/900/1800/1900 - 3G HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100 HSDPA
- Dimensions: 114 x 66 x 12 mm (4.49 x 2.60 x 0.47 in)
- Operating System: BlackBerry OS 7.1
- Display: 480 x 360 pixels, 2.8 inches (~214 ppi pixel density)
- Camera: 5 MP, 2592x1944 pixels, LED flash
- Memory: micro SD up to 32GB, internal 512 MB ROM, 512 MB RAM
- Battery: Li-Ion 1450 mAh battery
Thanks to unlocked-mobiles.co.uk for the device