The BlackBerry 9720 certainly is a topic of conversation - for better or for worse. However, if you are looking to pick up the latest BlackBerry 7 device you can do so now from UK retailer unlocked-mobiles.
Priced at £179.98 for the SIM free version I'm not really sure how well this one will sell. Not because of its price point, but because of its OS. With the Canadian company pushing so much for BlackBerry 10 to succeed I can see the 9720 doing ok in some parts of the world, but not so well here. It will also be interesting to see how much the UK networks charge for the device when it is available on Pay-As-You-Go.
Here at CrackBerry we are still waiting to get our hands on the 9720 but that should change in the next few days. Until then I think I will reserve my final judgment on yet another legacy device.
I suppose for some folk who just need a fantastic, low cost. business tool, the BlackBerry 9720 may well suit perfectly. It's always good to have options. But is this the right move for BlackBerry? Sound off in the comments. I suspect I know how this one will be received by the community.
- System : 2G GSM 850/900/1800/1900 - 3G HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100 HSDPA
- Dimensions: 114 x 66 x 12 mm (4.49 x 2.60 x 0.47 in)
- Operating System: BlackBerry OS 7.1
- Display: 480 x 360 pixels, 2.8 inches (~214 ppi pixel density)
- Camera: 5 MP, 2592x1944 pixels, LED flash
- Memory: micro SD up to 32GB, internal 512 MB ROM, 512 MB RAM
- Battery: Li-Ion 1450 mAh battery