In addition to our BlackBerry PlayBook video from earlier today, BGR got to check it out as well and delved a bit more into some unanswered questions. Here we get a near ten-minute look at the PlayBook in action and I have to say it keeps getting sweeter. Everything as of now looks so smooth and we can only hope it will be even better come launch. Some highlights include:
- The entire bezel is used for navigating. Swipe the sides to get around system-wide. The top is available for specific actions within applications
- Media playback is amazing. Start music in the media app (or Pandora/Slacker?) and drop it to the background as it continues to play. Same goes for videos as they will continue to play in the background when minimized
- There are "views" much like BlackBerry 6 for navigating that can be swiped through
- Swipe to move between views and apps, flick up to exit an app
- Looks like you can open the keyboard by swiping up from the bottom left on the bezel
Overall some very cool stuff in what is probably the best look we've had at the device so far. No look at the web browser yet, but surely much more to come on this so don't go too far. We'll have plenty more in the coming weeks!