Hugely popular weather app for BlackBerry 10 (as well as on legacy devices), BeWeather 10 Pro has just seen an update bringing it to version 2.0. The changelog is quite a nice long list, showing the developer working hard to bring updates to the app. There are some additions as well as updates in this latest version, including a re-designed Active Frame and up to the minute rain forecasts for some regions.
What's new in v2.0?
- Added more current weather information (UV index, visibility)
- Added more forecast details (precipitation amounts)
- Added hyperlocal up to the minute rain forecasts (i.e. "Rain in 10 mins, will stop after 15 mins", USA and UK only). Powered by Forecast, makers of the Dark Sky app.
- Now you can use stock weather photography in addition to the HD weather animations as the app's theme
- Weather radar now available in Europe and the U.S.
- Location tiles in the location list can now be configured to show weather images or icons with custom background color
- Re-designed Active Frame, stock photography or weather icons with custom background color
- Many bug fixes
A pretty nice update if you ask me. Please note, as mentioned by the developer in the forums, this update will wipe all our locations. Also, stated by the developer is that this update is currently only available for full touchscreen devices - Z30, Z10 (and upcoming Z3). No time frame given on availability for Q10 or Q5 owners. You can discuss more over in the CrackBerry Forums where the developer has started a thread.
The update is free to anyone who has already purchased the app. If you haven't yet purchased BeWeather 10 Pro, it costs $4.99. Please note, the update has only recently been pushed live so it may take a while to show up for some. It will be available soon enough.