I just ran across a thread in the forums and saw that BeejiveIM has tossed out another beta update. The app is currently at version 1.9.6 and includes some cool updates this time around. There are some minor UI changes among other things, but perhaps the coolest feature is the option to have push notifications to and email address when the app is running in the backgound. The new features include:
- file transfers via link, you can now transfer files to buddies on all IM accounts.
- push when app running in background (see preferences in app).
- send voice notes
- send GPS location (if supported by phone)
- new chat styles & background images
- new buddy list layouts
- improved battery life
- overall UI redesign
- various other bug fixes & enhancements
The beta is available in various versions for all trackball devices (an updated Storm version is on the way) running OS 4.2 or higher.