BBM updated to v.18.104.22.168 in BlackBerry Beta Zone
A little over a week ago, RIM released in Beta Zone the latest version of BBM that introduced us all to BlackBerry Voice. Since then they have been hard at work and today posted an updated version in BlackBerry Beta Zone. BlackBerry Messenger version 22.214.171.124 is now available and includes not only updates but many other improvements and bug fixes which you can find below.
New Features Include:
- Additional emoticons :)
- Profile Configuration Option to Modify Incoming BBM Voice Ring Tone
- Personal Status Message "In a Voice Chat"
Change Log / Fixed Issues for BlackBerry Messenger 126.96.36.199:
- BBM chats were not restored during device upgrade. User has to sign into BBID and then re-restore the chats from the backup file.
- Incoming call doesnt ring if user is in camera app
- Speaker enabled when incoming call rejected and already on BBM Voice call
- Messages from BBM Voice are cut off frequently
- Device switch failed, client stuck at "Restoring BBM" state
- After hanging up after a voice chat longer than 5 minutes, the device that did not hang up remains on the calling screen
- With a song playing, when a user receives a BBM Voice call the music continues to play in the background of the ringtone
- User cannot accept calls properly while content protection enabled and password locked
- While recording a voice note, if an BBM Voice chat is initiated no audio is heard between devices
- Avatar display picture not being updated correctly for BBM Voice calls
- Broadcast messages are received in black text
- Active BBM Voice calls are randomly disconnecting
- Contacts see each other as unavailable although both are registered and can see other contacts as available
- Chat Tear
- BBM Groups - Text entry field in group chat expands to cover up the last message in chat history instead of the chat history scrolling up
- Contact list search feature randomly stops returning results
- No missed call message appears when the caller ends the call before the receiver picks up
- Wrong message appears when declining a voice chat using 'Reply in BBM'
- After accepting a call after 30 seconds of ringing the device being called gets stuck on connecting screen
- Voice chats exceeding 13 minutes maybe disconnected
Known Issues list for version 188.8.131.52
- No disconnection dialog when device is disconnected during calling or connecting state
- While on BBM voice call, MVS WiFi call comes in that shuts off audio in both calls
- User reboots device while in BBM Voice Chat: call dropped but 2nd user remains on call connected screen. User must hit hard key to close the screen.
Be sure to grab your update at the link below. If you are not a member of BlackBerry Beta Zone you can sign up for free at BlackBerry.com/Beta. If there are any other issues or updates let us know in the comments below.
Check out more in BlackBerry Beta Zone